Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tales from the Workplace, Part XVII

*********************************************************************************
I am posting stories from my job, because I think they're funny.  I've done my best to disguise my company name, even the industry, and to keep the people I write about and even some details of the situation anonymous.  If you know me, and know where I work, please don't include details in your comments.  I'll have to delete your comment and reconsider posting these stories.
*********************************************************************************

Remember the employee from Part XII?  Whose spouse calls all the time, apparently to verify the employee's whereabouts?

Well, today is a day the employees who package the goods and load the trailers got off, rather unexpectedly.  They got all caught up yesterday, loading what they could, and we don't have any orders leaving today, so they were told not to come in today.

Then this morning, we find out we actually DO have a load leaving today.  (That's a story for another post, though it's not a long story, so I guess I'll just put it here:  when we get an order from a customer, we have to find a trucking company that can pick up a trailer from us on the appropriate day.  We send out an e-mail to request this, and if they can do it, they confirm, and if they can't, we move on to another company and try again until we're successful.  We requested a load yesterday, and got no response, then this morning a truck pulls in.  We STILL have no confirmation e-mail.  So we're having to scramble.)

Anyway.  So we start calling in employees, including the one from that other post.  About 10 minutes later, we get a call from the spouse, asking if the employee really is supposed to come in.  So what we suspect is employee told spouse "hey, I gotta go in to work after all," and spouse thought that was an excuse to go meet with a lover or something.  But don't involve US in your jealousy.  Check the employee's phone and verify the number, if you must, but don't actually CALL us and waste our time and undermine the employee to the employer.  Ugh.

Oh!  Employee just came in and mentioned seeing the spouse's car pulling out of the parking lot.  Apparently spying.  Wow.  Just...wow.

* * * * * *

The day after I wrote the above, and the spouse called again today, plus apparently drove through the parking lot to check on the employee.  Wow, wow, wow.  Insecure much?

No comments:

Post a Comment