Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tales from the workplace, Part II

I am posting stories from my job, because I think they're funny.  I've done my best to disguise my company name, even the industry, and to keep the people I write about and even some details of the situation anonymous.  If you know me, and know where I work, please don't include details in your comments.  I'll have to delete your comment and reconsider posting these stories.

For the second time in as many weeks, the security alarm at work went off, and the police came out.  The first time, it was the cleaner--we usually leave the alarm off the night she comes, and just lock the door, but one time, we forgot and set the alarm.  Oops!  The second time, it was when a couple of the production employees arrived to get an early start before the office employees arrived, and even though one of them HAS a code, his code wasn't working properly.

So employees were called, as well as the police.  When the owner of the company showed up, he was unaware, as he either isn't on the list, or it's his home phone instead of his cell phone listed, or something.  So he arrived to what he thought was a normal day at the office, and had a police officer waiting for him.

However, in the meantime, the officer had asked the two employees who had showed up to work for ID, so he could verify they were employees, and also just as a matter of routine, I assume.  One of them had apparently been involved in some sort of shenanigans over the weekend and had a warrant for his arrest.  So he was being arrested right about the time the owner had showed up.  Wow.

This employee had only started recently, so I'm not sure what the owner is going to do--replace him?  See what happens and keep employing him if he gets the situation straightened out in time to come back to work?  Who knows...

Later that same day, the owner noticed that his newly purchased pickup, which he'd arrived in, had expired tags.  Apparently the officer never noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment