Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tales from the Workplace, Part XIII

*********************************************************************************
I am posting stories from my job, because I think they're funny.  I've done my best to disguise my company name, even the industry, and to keep the people I write about and even some details of the situation anonymous.  If you know me, and know where I work, please don't include details in your comments.  I'll have to delete your comment and reconsider posting these stories.
*********************************************************************************

We, like many businesses, offer payment terms to our customers.  If they pay within 10 days, they get a small discount (unless they pay by credit card, as adding the discount to the fees we pay to accept credit cards would probably eat our entire profit margin).  If they take longer than 30 days to pay, there is a small finance charge (and in fact, it's only calculated once a month, so they could theoretically take longer than 30 days to pay and still not incur the finance charge, but we don't advertise that fact).

We have a customer who used to pay on time.  Rather quickly, in fact.  Lately, they've been taking 2-3 months to pay each invoice, and had racked up a few dollars worth of finance charges.  Well, more than a few dollars, but still well under $100.

They just wrote us a check (hand-written, as many of our customers' checks are) and on the memo line, wrote, "This Finance Charge is STUPID!"  Ha!  Well, not paying your bills on time is really what's stupid, but whatever.  At least they paid it.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete