Monday, October 29, 2012

Huh.

So, I was poking around on Craigslist, looking for the ad Trigger's trainer posted so I can post it on a few online forums, and found this ad:



You can click to enlarge it, I think, but here's the text:


Yeller is 10 years old and stands 15.1 hands tall he is really broke and in the bridle can really turn around and spin has a big stop on him as well i bought him in Texas 5 years ago where he was used in a feedlot for a couple years he is to broke for beginners to ride but not for advanced riders he is 100% guranteed sound as well he loves working cattle and has been branded on as well please call 541XXXXXX or email thanks 

Ignoring the run-on sentence(s) and spelling of "guranteed," what on ear do they mean that he is "to" broke for beginners but not for advanced riders?  Do they think broke means UN-trained?  As in, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

There's another ad that's not worth screen capping, because it doesn't have any photos, but they are careful to describe the horse as "black bay with a small belly spot."  I know when I'm looking for a horse to buy, I don't care about its conformation, or actually even looking at its color with my own eyes, I just want to be sure it has a little spot on its belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment