Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tales from the Workplace, Part XXII

*********************************************************************************
I am posting stories from my job, because I think they're funny.  I've done my best to disguise my company name, even the industry, and to keep the people I write about and even some details of the situation anonymous.  If you know me, and know where I work, please don't include details in your comments.  I'll have to delete your comment and reconsider posting these stories.
*********************************************************************************

We require customers to pre-pay for their first load from us, then if they fill out a credit app and have good references, their second and subsequent orders can be paid for after they arrive (whether by credit card or check--up to them).

We have a new customer who prefers to communicate by text instead of e-mail or phone, so the sales guy has been using his personal cell phone to communicate with her by text.  He said we would need her credit card information before we could ship this order, so to please call the office to provide it.

Apparently she really really REALLY prefers text, as she just texted him a photo of the front and back of the card.

UPDATE:  I'm glad I delay posts, because oddly enough, just this morning (a couple months after I first typed this up), her payment was due for her second order, and she still hadn't filled out a credit app, so I ran her card, but it didn't go through, so I e-mailed her to let her know that it didn't go through and ask if she could call me with updated card into.  She asked if she could text us pictures of the card again, since it worked so well last time.  I said it didn't seem very secure to me, but if she wanted to go for it, it was fine by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment