Thursday, March 12, 2015

Tales from the Workplace, Part IX

*********************************************************************************
I am posting stories from my job, because I think they're funny.  I've done my best to disguise my company name, even the industry, and to keep the people I write about and even some details of the situation anonymous.  If you know me, and know where I work, please don't include details in your comments.  I'll have to delete your comment and reconsider posting these stories.
*********************************************************************************

The maintenance guy ordered a part.  The only website he could find it on charges nearly $200 for what is basically the top half of a rubber boot--it's got fabric coated in rubber, and is a sleeve used to hold lubricant onto a joint.  The joint is flexible, so the tube needs to be flexible.

He was trying to find a better deal on a similar part that would work just as well.  He talked to one company about irrigation hoses, and he tried googling.  He was talking about how difficult it is to google, because obviously if you google "rubber boot" or "rubber hose" you come up with a TON of irrelevant results.  When the invoice came, I thought of telling him to try searching by the name they used for it, until I realized the part is called "lube tube."

Yeah, I'm not googling THAT at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment